Ultimate Flag football is a hybrid to Fall Contact Football that incorporates elements from contact football and flag football into an innovative approach that a) introduces new athletes to Football in a low-contact manner, b) encourages passing, receiving, blocking, and running in a low-contact format, and c) focuses on footwork, hand skills, and football fundamentals.
- All Players will wear Helmets and Shoulder Pads. Incidental contact to unprotected players cannot be fully eliminated in current flag football leagues, thus a semi-padded uniform combined with elements of flag and tackle football gives young athletes the ability to develop advanced football skills while greatly reducing the risk of injuries.
- Develop advanced football skills that cannot be accomplished in a traditional flag football environment.
- No Running Restrictions e.g.red-dots
- Grades 1st through 8th (current school grade).
- Games will be played on Sundays to avoid any interference with other spring sports Teams will practice 1 or 2 nights per week. Practices are encouraged but not mandatory as we understand that players might be committed to other spring sports.
*NOTE: This is NOT a No-Contact Flag football program. This is semi-contact.
In Grades: 1 to 2 for 2019-20 School year