CLYFL ULTIMATE FLAG FOOTBALL
ULTIMATE FLAG FOOTBALL IS A HYBRID FOOTBALL LEAGUE THAT INCORPORATES ELEMENTS FROM CONTACT FOOTBALL AND FLAG FOOTBALL INTO AN INNOVATIVE APPROACH.
All Players will wear Helmets and Shoulder Pads. Incidental contact to unprotected players cannot be fully eliminated in current flag football leagues, thus a semi-padded uniform combined with elements of flag and tackle football gives young athletes the ability to develop advanced football skills while greatly reducing the risk of injuries.
*NOTE: This is NOT a No-Contact Flag football program. This is semi-contact. There is blocking by the offensive line.
· Introduces new athletes to football in a Low-Contact manner.
· Develop advanced football skills that cannot be accomplished in a traditional flag football environment.
· “8 on 8” format. 8 on offense and defense. 3 lineman per Offense and Defense with 5 “skill” positions on each side of the ball.
· No Running Restrictions (no red-dots)
· Grades K through 8th (current school grade). Games will be played on Sundays to avoid any interference with other spring sports. Teams will practice 1-2 nights per week. Practices are encouraged but not mandatory as we understand that players might be committed to other spring sports.
· 7th and 8th Grade Middle school teams offer the ability to play with their classmates. Coaches will assemble their own 10-12 player teams in this format.